Mr. Rittereiser is an experienced trial attorney. He focuses his practice in employment law, complex civil litigation, and class action litigation. In 2017, Mr. Rittereiser was recognized as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year by the King County Bar Association and was named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Mr. Rittereiser is a native of Eastern Washington. He received his degree in Economics from the University of Washington, and went on to work for the United States Congressman from the Second District of Washington where he focused on constituent issues involving Veteran Affairs and Native American Tribes.
He earned his law degree from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. While at DePaul, Mr. Rittereiser received national awards for his excellence in civil litigation and litigation strategies. He also led the National Trial Team and was recognized for his outstanding oral advocacy. Prior to moving back to Washington, Mr. Rittereiser clerked for the Center for Justice in Illinois and his legal briefs appeared in high-profile cases in the States of Florida, Georgia, and Illinois.
Upon returning to the Northwest, Mr. Rittereiser served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the King County Prosecutor’s Office. He worked in the Special Assault Unit and Violent Crime Unit where he handled serious felony cases involving high-risk victims including sexual assaults and violent crimes, and was appointed to the Eyewitness Review Group responsible to analyze legal and scientific developments in eyewitness identification evidence.
In addition, Mr. Rittereiser was appointed by the Governor to the State Advisory Council on Homelessness, where he serves to address the complex issues that affect our communities’ most vulnerable people. He also volunteers his legal services in representing crime victims to ensure that their rights and interests are protected.
Location: Seattle Office
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law
- Class Actions
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Washington (B.A., Economics, 2006)
- Contributing Author, Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual, Employment Discrimination
- Contributing Author – Washington State Association for Justice – Employment Law Deskbook
- Presenter, Gender Violence in the Workplace: “A Faceless Movement: Searching for a System that Promotes Empowerment Among All Survivors of Gender Violence,” Seattle University School of Law
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, King County Bar Association, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017