Employment Law Attorney
Mr. Rittereiser serves as Managing Partner of HKM’s Seattle and Portland offices. He is also an experienced trial attorney. His practice focuses on employment law, complex civil litigation, and class actions. He has recovered more than $100MM dollars on behalf of workers including some of the largest wage and hour class action settlements in the country representing frontline healthcare workers in Washington and Oregon.
Mr. Rittereiser’s litigation practice disrupts industries challenging antiquated business practices that deprive workers of pay and benefits to which they are entitled. He advises departing executives and represents individuals who have been the victim of discrimination in the workplace.
A native of Eastern Washington, Mr. Rittereiser received his degree in Economics from the University of Washington and earned his law degree from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. He has been recognized as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year by the King County Bar Association and named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
Prior to HKM, Mr. Rittereiser served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the King County Prosecutor’s Office. He worked in the Special Assault Unit and Violent Crime Unit where he handled serious felony cases involving high-risk victims including sexual assaults and violent crimes.
In addition, Mr. Rittereiser has been appointed by the Governor to the State Advisory Council on Homelessness, where he serves to address the complex issues that affect our communities’ most vulnerable people and volunteers his legal services representing crime victims to ensure their rights and interests are protected.
Location: Seattle Office
Areas of Practice:
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Washington (B.A., Economics, 2006)
- Contributing Author, Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual, Employment Discrimination
- Contributing Author – Washington State Association for Justice – Employment Law Deskbook
- Presenter, Gender Violence in the Workplace: “A Faceless Movement: Searching for a System that Promotes Empowerment Among All Survivors of Gender Violence,” Seattle University School of Law
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, King County Bar Association, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017