Employment Law Attorney
Mr. Rittereiser serves as Managing Partner of HKM’s Seattle and Portland offices. He is also an experienced trial attorney. He focuses his practice in employment law, complex civil litigation, and class actions. Mr. Rittereiser was recognized as the Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year by the King County Bar Association and has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine.
A native of Eastern Washington, Mr. Rittereiser received his degree in Economics from the University of Washington and earned his law degree from DePaul University College of Law in Chicago. While at DePaul, Mr. Rittereiser received national awards for his excellence in civil litigation and litigation strategies and clerked for the Center for Justice in Illinois where his legal briefs appeared in high-profile cases in the States of Florida, Georgia, and Illinois.
Upon returning to the Northwest, Mr. Rittereiser served as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for the King County Prosecutor’s Office. He worked in the Special Assault Unit and Violent Crime Unit where he handled serious felony cases involving high-risk victims including sexual assaults and violent crimes and was appointed to the Eyewitness Review Group responsible to analyze legal and scientific developments in eyewitness identification evidence.
In addition, Mr. Rittereiser has been appointed by the Governor to the State Advisory Council on Homelessness, where he serves to address the complex issues that affect our communities’ most vulnerable people. He also volunteers his legal services in representing crime victims to ensure that their rights and interests are protected.
Location: Seattle Office
Areas of Practice:
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., 2010)
- University of Washington (B.A., Economics, 2006)
- Contributing Author, Washington Lawyer’s Practice Manual, Employment Discrimination
- Contributing Author – Washington State Association for Justice – Employment Law Deskbook
- Presenter, Gender Violence in the Workplace: “A Faceless Movement: Searching for a System that Promotes Empowerment Among All Survivors of Gender Violence,” Seattle University School of Law
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington Employment Lawyers Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Association for Justice
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year, King County Bar Association, 2017
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017