Donald W. Heyrich
Mr. Heyrich is regarded as one of the best employment attorneys in the Pacific Northwest. He launched HKM Employment Attorneys in 2007, after more than 10 years at Perkins Coie LLP, one of the preeminent employment defense law firms in the United States. Over the last 20 years, he has litigated hundreds of cases in courts across America. He has obtained justice for employees in single plaintiff and class action cases encompassing all aspects of worker rights. These include cases addressing sexual harassment, unpaid wages, overtime, unemployment, non-compete agreements, executive compensation, discrimination, disability accommodation, and wrongful discharge. He also has recovered millions of dollars for consumers in consumer protection class actions.
Recent Case Results
- $16 million settlement in a class action lawsuit against Papa John’s.
- $3.8 million settlement in class action lawsuit against Universal Mens’ Clinic;
- $1.7 million settlement in a class action lawsuit against Beacon Plumbing.
- Payment of unpaid overtime wages for 170 warehouse employees in Oregon.
- $200,000 settlement for a man who was wrongfully terminated one day before cancer surgery.
- $300,000 settlement for a woman who was viciously sexually harassed in her first job out of college.
- Best Lawyers in America© (2013 & 2014)
- Washington Super Lawyers (2010-2014)
- Leading Lawyers in the Puget Sound Region (Seattle Business, January 2013)
- Washington Top Lawyers (Seattle Met, 2013)
- Top Lawyers in Washington (Washington CEO, 2008)
- Highest rating (10/10, “Superb”) Avvo.com
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law – Employee
- Labor Law
- Litigation and Appeals
- Whistleblower/Qui Tam
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 1993)
- The Evergreen State College (B.A., 1988)