Mr. Wright is a lifelong advocate for workers’ rights. He now continues that advocacy as an attorney at HKM focusing on class action lawsuits, with a particular focus on advocating for healthcare workers. This work is personal to him. Raised in a union household, Mr. Wright learned at a young age the importance of workers having an effective advocate.
Prior to law school, Mr. Wright worked as a labor union organizer for Service Employees International Union. He worked with several SEIU Healthcare locals before accepting a position at SEIU Healthcare 1199NW in Seattle. This work gave Mr. Wright a deep appreciation for the work healthcare workers do for their patients every day.
In law school, Mr. Wright continued advocating for workers’ rights. He served as the President of the Labor and Employment Law Association, as a research assistant to his labor law professor, and won the Mary Ellen Krug Award for promise or distinction in labor and employment law. He also served as Executive Editor at Large of the Seattle University Law Review and as a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Board. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Wright served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Marlin J. Appelwick at the Washington Court of Appeals, Division One.
Mr. Wright stays active away from work as well. He is an officer in the United States Army Reserve, stays involved in his church, and volunteers with a variety of community service organizations. He can otherwise be found running or taking in a football game with his beautiful wife, Katie.
Location: Spokane Office
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law
- Class Actions
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., 2019)
- Magna Cum Laude
- CALI Awards for Federal Courts, Administrative Law, and Advanced Constitutional Law (First Amendment)
- Executive Editor At Large, Seattle University Law Review
- Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (B.A., 2011)
- Service Key Award for Outstanding Service to the University
- Pi Kappa Delta Speech and Debate Honors
- Mary Ellen Krug Award for Promise or Distinction in Labor and Employment Law
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Washington State Employment Lawyers Association
- Planning Committee, Pacific Coast Labor and Employment Law Conference
- United States District Court – Western District of Washington
- United States District Court – District of Maryland
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeals