Wrongful Termination Claims
California is an at-will employment state, however that does not mean that you cannot be wrongfully discharged from your position. An employee is wrongfully terminated when he or she is fired for conduct that is protected by public policy. Our team at HKM Employment Attorneys represents clients who have been wrongfully terminated in court. If you bring a successful wrongful death claim, you may be entitled to significant compensation. An experienced Los Angeles employment law attorney from HKM will provide aggressive and knowledgeable representation so you get the outcome you deserve.
Many common reasons for wrongful discharge cases include:
- Retaliation for complaints of unethical or illegal behavior within the company
- Any type of discrimination, including gender, race, disability, religion, or sexual orientation
- Breach of an employment contract
- Retaliation for whistleblowing
- Retaliation for bringing a claim for worker’s compensation
- Refusing to violate a law if your employer requests it
- Exercising a legal or constitutional right
- Performing a legal obligation, such as jury duty
Los Angeles, California Employment Lawyer – Protecting Your Rights
If you are an employee and believe you have been wrongfully terminated, an attorney from our firm can provide cost-effective and strategic legal representation so you can receive proper compensation.
On the other hand, if you are an employer facing a wrongful termination claim and you believe that the employee was not actually wrongfully discharged, our team can provide you with a vigorous defense against any claims brought in court. We excel at analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of every employment law case and are dedicated to our clients.
If you need legal representation for a wrongful termination claim, contact a Los Angeles wrongful termination attorney from the firm today.
Call 213-769-6522 or fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.