Brian P. Benestad
Employment Law Attorney
Brian is a partner in the Pittsburgh and Boston offices of HKM Employment Attorneys focusing on the representation of individuals and employees in all aspects of employment and plaintiff litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Benestad worked in the Commercial Litigation Groups of Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP, and Burns White, LLC, while holding the position of Vice President & General Counsel at ECM Energy Services, Inc.
Mr. Benestad has also tried over 40 courts-martial and administrative discharge proceedings while serving in the Air Force JAG Corps from 2008 through 2013 as a first chair trial and defense counsel. He further deployed to Baghdad, Iraq, as the Central Criminal Court of Iraq Legal Liaison Officer and Counter Terrorism Service Legal Advisor, facilitating collaboration among Iraqi Ministries, Legal/Targeting Directorates and Judges improving target development, warranting and interrogation techniques.
Mr. Benestad enjoys golfing, skiing, trail running and marathons. He paces various groups at the Pittsburgh Marathon and served as the U.S. Elite Women’s Olympic Trials Qualifying Time 2:43 Group Pacer in 2015. He has run the Boston Marathon every year since 2008 with the goal of completing twenty-five straight.
Location: Boston Office
Areas of Practice:
- Labor and Employment
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice
- Class Actions
- School and Municipal Law
- Oil & Gas
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D., 2008)
- Boston College (B.A., Philosophy, 2005)
- Selected for the West Virginia Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
- Selected for the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” lists
Bar Admissions & Memberships:
- West Virginia
- Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Call 1-800-791-1007, schedule a call, or fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.