Employment Law Attorney
Ms. Woods is a partner at HKM’s Denver office. She has been named a “Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Denver, Colorado” by Super Lawyers Magazine and selected as a “Rising Star” (a distinction given to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state) by Super Lawyers Magazine every year since 2018. Ms. Woods represents current and former employees of businesses of all sizes in cases involving individual and class claims regarding workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, unpaid wages, and numerous other employment disputes. Ms. Woods is a magna cum laude graduate from Pepperdine University. She earned her juris doctorate at the University of San Diego School of Law. After law school, Ms. Woods practiced in California for two years defending Fortune 100 and 500 companies in complex civil litigation. At HKM, Ms. Woods uses her experience representing corporate defendants and her insight into insurance companies, to obtain significant advantages and successful results for her clients through motion practice and trial.
- McQueeney v. 290 South Downing et al., 2017CV31807 (Colo. Dist. Ct., February 2018) (lead counsel in jury trial where the findings were in favor of client on all eight claims involving workplace sexual harassment and retaliation).
- Dabit v. Alternative Support, Inc., 1:20-cv-01024-CMA-STV (D. Colo. November 2021) (lead counsel in jury trial where findings were in favor of client on disability discrimination and retaliation claims).
- Hunter v. CC Gaming, LLC, et al., 19-cv-01979-DDD-KLM, (D. Colo. December 2020) (lead counsel in hybrid collective and class action settlement for current and former Colorado casino workers asserting claims for unpaid regular and overtime wages).
Location: Denver Office
Areas of Practice:
- University of San Diego School of Law (Certificates of Concentration in Civil Litigation; Corporate & Business Law)
- Doctor of Law (J.D., 2012);
- Distinguished honors in civil procedure, legal research & writing, trial advocacy, and negotiations courses;
- Awarded Best Overall Oral Argument and Appellate Brief in lawyering skills appellate competition;
- Activities and Societies:
- Dean’s Student Advisory Council;
- Student Bar Association, Class Representative.
- Pepperdine University (B.A., Broadcast Journalism; Political Science)
- Magna cum laude (2009).
- Colorado Bar Association
- Plaintiff’s Employment Law Association
- California Bar Association
Awards and Recognitions:
- Named a “Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Denver, CO” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Selected as a “Rising Star” (a distinction given to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state) by Super Lawyers Magazine (2018-2020)