Cecilia Brennan is the Managing Partner of HKM’s San Diego and Irvine offices. She represents employees and workers of all backgrounds in individual and class claims regarding workplace discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful termination, unpaid wages, and numerous other employment disputes. Ms. Brennan handles matters in all stages of litigation and arbitration, as well as administrative complaints and hearings, reasonable accommodation requests and negotiations; discrimination complaints, contract analysis and enforcement, and dispute resolution. Being bilingual, Ms. Brennan works directly with Spanish-speaking clients and stakeholders.
Ms. Brennan brings over sixteen years in various areas of legal practice, including plaintiff-side representation in: employment law; consumer law; housing law; disability rights and discrimination; maritime/admiralty law; and land use and planning. Ms. Brennan earned her bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA), and her J.D. from the UCLA School of Law, with an emphasis in public interest law and policy. During law school, Ms. Brennan clerked for the ACLU of Southern California on large educational equity class action and clerked with union-side labor law firms. Prior to attending law school, Ms. Brennan was deeply involved in organizing for workers’ rights, community economic development, and educational and environmental justice. She brings her passion for civil rights and social justice to her legal practice.
Ms. Brennan is a Director on the Board of Think Dignity, a San Diego-based nonprofit organization dedicated to finding policy-based solutions to homelessness. A long-time advocate for children and youth, Ms. Brennan also co-founded a loose-knit collective of parents, caregivers, and children from diverse communities to play and explore together (Smallidarity SD).
Location: San Diego Office
- 2004: UCLA School of Law (J.D.)
- 1995: UCLA (Bachelors)
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Latinas in the Law
- Think Dignity, Advisory Board
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Southern Districts of California
- 2019 City of San Diego Nonprofit Academy
- 2019 Law Seminar and Expo, California Association of Community Managers (“CACM”)
- 2019 San Diego Legal Symposium, Community Associations Institute (“CAI”)
- 2019 Common Interest Developments – California Legislative Update (various locations)
- 2018: Podcast: Chicana Mother Works, Guest Speaker
- 2018 Law Seminar and Expo, CACM
- 2017 Law Seminar and Expo, CACM
- 2010: “Environmental Justice Movements, A Case Study;” The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, Environmental Justice Clinic
Call 1-800-791-1007, schedule a call, or fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.