Jermaine “Jay” A. Walker
Employment Law Attorney
Jay Walker serves as the Managing Partner of HKM’s Atlanta and Birmingham Offices. In addition to managing both offices, Mr. Walker represents clients in a variety of employment law and contract dispute cases. He is a dynamic attorney who approaches each engagement with the goal of achieving the best result for his client by utilizing his legal knowledge, unique insights and finely tuned skills cultivated throughout his career.
Since joining HKM Mr. Walker was selected as a National Black Lawyers Top 100 lawyer for his excellent legal representation of his clients in employment law as well as for his contribution to the legal profession. Prior to joining HKM, Mr. Walker focused on this area of law while working as a senior attorney for a metro Atlanta county law department, an associate for a national law firm, and a field attorney for the National Labor Relations Board.
Through his advocacy, Mr. Walker is motivated by his passion to not only make a positive difference in the lives of his clients, who are often faced with unexpected challenging circumstances, but also in his community at large as it pertains to the rights of employees.
Location: Atlanta Office
Media Coverage and Interviews
- “Former investigators sue Gwinnett Medical Examiner, accusing her of ignoring federal law,”Randy Travis, FOX 5 Atlanta, April 22, 2022
- “Former employees sue Gwinnett medical examiner alleging unpaid overtime,” Alia Malik, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, April 14, 2022
- “Cracker Barrel Sued By Woman Over Alleged Employment Discrimination, ”ALM Staff, Daily Report, October 11, 2021
- “USPS has cheated mail carriers for years,” Alexia Fernández Campbell, The Center for Public Integrity, April 31, 2021
Awards and Recognitions:
- National Black Lawyers Top 100 Lawyer
- National Labor Relations Board, Performance Award
- 11th Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- Georgia Bar
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- New York Bar
- New Jersey Bar
- Juris Doctorate – Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, NY
Associate Editor, Albany Law Review, Honors, Labor & Employment Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science – Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Georgia Employment Law Letter, Contributing Writer
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education in Georgia, Dealing Effectively with Foreclosed Properties
Call 1-800-791-1007, schedule a call, or fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.