Attorney Amanda Crain’s determined pursuit of justice is a perfect fit in your fight for employee rights. She holds a deep commitment to do what is right for employees facing illegal workplace practices. Amanda’s proven record, perceptive approach, and steadfast dedication serve her clients well.
Amanda has been selected into Minnesota Super Lawyers Rising Stars, an elite group of only 2.5% of Minnesota attorneys under the age of 40, consistently since 2014. Inside the courtroom, Amanda brings a fearless and dedicated pursuit to high-stakes litigation. Outside of the courtroom, she consistently achieves considerable settlements on behalf of her clients.
Whether the case involves discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, or wrongful termination, Amanda achieves results for her clients. Amanda is a zealous advocate, possesses good instincts, has empathy for clients, and can analyze legal issues intelligently and effectively inside and outside of a courtroom. Amanda recognizes the immense task and the emotional toll of suing an employer, and her dedicated approach will guide your case efficiently through the process so that you can achieve the results you deserve.
In addition to presenting at seminars, Amanda mentors young law students, participates in several professional organizations, and serves on the Board for the National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)-Minnesota Chapter. Outside of the office, she enjoys travel, hiking, boating, and spending time with her family.
Location: Minneapolis Office
Areas of Practice
- Employment Law – Employee
- Labor and Employment
- Wrongful Termination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Assault
- Civil Rights
- Employment Agreements and Contracts
- Wage and Hour Violations
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, MN
Juris Doctor, 2011
Dean’s Awards: Trial Advocacy, Estate Planning, Legal Malpractice, and Lawyering Skills II (Legal Research and Writing)
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
Bachelor of Letters and Science Degree, 2008
Major: Legal Studies
Honors and Awards:
- Rising Star, Super Lawyer Magazine, 2014-Present
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA), MN Chapter, Board Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota Women Lawyers, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
- Tubman Pro Bono Safety Project, Volunteer Attorney
- University of St. Thomas School of Law – Mentor Externship Program, Attorney Mentor
- Title VII and LGBT Discrimination in the Workplace: How We Got to the Supreme Court and What We Can Expect, Presenter, Minnesota Lavender Bar Association, February 2020
- LGBT Discrimination in the Workplace: The US Supreme Court’s Recent Decision and Title VII Protections, Presenter, Minnesota Paralegal Association, August 2020