Mike Leach was named Head Football Coach at Washington State University in 2012. Prior to joining to this, he spent 10 seasons as Head Coach at Texas Tech. In 1999 Leach spent one season as the Offensive Coordinator at Oklahoma and served the same position at Valdosta State 1992-1996. Leach got his first position in collegiate coaching in 1987 as Cal-Poly-SL as Offensive Lineman Coach.
Coach Mike Leach - Contract Details
Average Annual Salary:
Length of Contract:
Highest Possible Performance Bonus:
- Media Compensation: $1000,000 ***.
- Appearance and Consultation Fee: $150,000
Highest Possible Academic Bonus:
Up to $1,800,000 depending upon the year of Resignation***
60% of the Aggregate Base Salary of the Remainder of the Term
- Standard Benefit
- Expense Reimbursement
- Upgrade to first class of air accommodation
- 2 Vehicle or $6,200 Stipend
- Spouse and 2 other individual travel
- 40 Tickets
- Club Membership
- *The Contract is a rotating contract, so after the end of the term it will be renewed for another five years.
- **Media Fee shall be increased to $600,000 on January 1, 2014 and to $800,000 after 1/1/16.
- ***The Buy Out Amount for the next rotation term shall be up to $2,250,000 depending upon the year of resignation.
- Any dispute arising out of this contract shall be resolved by the means of alternate dispute resolution.
Coaching ContractView Mike Leach