Marshall Coach John "Doc" Holliday was named the Head Coach of the Marshall University Football Program in 2009. Prior to this, he acted in various roles at West Virginia University including General Assistant (1979-1982), Line Backers Coach (1990-1992), Wide Receivers Coach (1983-1989), and Assistant Head Coach (2008-2009). Additionally Holliday held the position of Assistant Head Coach at North Carolina State (2000-2004) and Florida (2005-2007).
Coach Doc Holliday - Contract Details
Average Annual Salary:
Length of Contract:
Highest Possible Performance Bonus:
- $330,500/year for tv and radio appearances;
- $25,000 for sales of football season tickets of at least $1 million in "net football season ticket revenue";
- $100,000 for fundraising appearances before 7/1/15;
- $200,000 for fundraising appearances after 7/1/15;
- Before 7/1/15 $25,000 annually from Football enhancement fund;
- After7/1/15 $50,000 annually from Football enhancement fund;
Highest Possible Academic Bonus:
$725,000 lump sum payment if before 2020-21 year; If resignation during 2020-21 year, $725,000 in a pro-rated amount; Should coach go to West Virginia University, $3,000,000 due within one calendar year.
$755,000 for each remaining year on contract.
- Two vehicles;
- 20 season tickets for football games;
- 4 season tickets to men's and women's basketball;
- 10 tickets to each away football game;
- transportation for spouse for away game travel;
- 2 guests for each away football games;
- Country Club initiation and membership;
- $2,190 annually for cell phone;
Coaching ContractView Doc Holliday