Robert Petrino was named Head Football Coach of the University of Louisville, for the second time in 2014, where he previously served as Offensive Coordinator in 1998. Prior to this he spent one season as the Head Coach of the Western Kentucky University Football Team in 2013. Before coming to WKU he spent two seasons as the Head Coach at Arkansas. Before this he served as Head Coach for the Atlanta Falcons in 2007.
Coach Bobby Petrino - Contract Details
Average Annual Salary:
Length of Contract:
94 Months and 23 Days
Highest Possible Performance Bonus:
$475,000; 1/12 of Complete Compensation**
Promotion Bonus: $1,500,000
Highest Possible Academic Bonus:
Up to $10,000,000 depending upon the year of Resignation***
Complete Compensation for the Remaining Term or Complete Compensation for the Remainder of the Calendar Year of Termination plus 3 Years, whichever is less.
- 2 Vehicles or $6,000 per vehicle****
- Cardinal Club Membership
- Reimbursement of Travel and Entertainment Expense
- 1 Month paid leave
- 26 Game Tickets
- * APR Bonus of $500,000 if the APR is above 935.
- **Complete Compensation = Base Salary + Promotion Bonus + APR Bonus
- *** The Buy-out Amount shall be decreased by 50% in the event Tom Jurich is not the Athletic Director at the time of Resignation.
- **** Employee must maintain an automobile insurance for collision, comprehensive and liability with limits of no less than $100,000/$300,000.
Coaching ContractView Bobby Petrino