In the current national security climate, more jobs than ever require an active security clearance. Indeed, federal employees, private contractors and military members are all being asked to obtain and maintain a security clearance as a condition for employment. For many, getting a security clearance can be challenging.
Should your security clearance application be delayed or rejected, it can cause you major professional problems. You may lose your job or miss out on a promising opportunity for career advancement. At HKM Employment Attorneys LLP, our law firm fights aggressively to help workers resolve any security clearance problems that they are facing.
Common Reasons Why Your Security Clearance May Be Denied
Your security clearance can be denied for a wide variety of reasons. Under the current federal law, security clearances are granted within a complex structure of rules and regulations. Most notable among these is Executive Order 12968, which was enacted during the Clinton Administration. Under this and other regulations, a comprehensive background check will be conducted of any security clearance applicant. Any adverse information that is uncovered could potentially lead to your application being rejected. Some of the most common reasons we see security clearance applications denied are:
- The applicant failed to properly complete paperwork or provide adequate information;
- The applicant intentionally, or unintentionally provided inaccurate information;
- There is a history of past financial problems, including bad debts;
- A history of criminal conduct;
- A history of substance abuse issues;
- Excessive contacts with foreign parties; and
- Any other issue that raises potential questions about the applicant’s character or integrity.
How Our Security Clearance Lawyers Can Help
Our top-rated employment law attorneys represent federal workers and private contractors through every stage of the security clearance process. We know what needs to be done to help you present your application in the best possible manner so that you can get the credential you need to advance your career. No matter the issue you are facing, our employment law attorneys have the skills and experience to assist you. Specifically, some of the things that we do for our clients include:
- Helping applicants complete complex paperwork and application forms;
- Working closely with our clients to address potentially disqualifying information early on in the process;
- Preparing applicants for the notoriously stressful polygraph examination;
- Crafting responses to concerns from the DOHA and other government agencies;
- Representing clients at hearings;
- Preparing an appeal, should one become necessary; and
- Representing clients before a security clearance appeals board.
We will review your case to identify any issues that might cause you a problem in the application process, and work aggressively to ensure that your security clearance application is presented in the best possible manner.
Contact Our Employment Law Team Today
At HKM Employment Attorneys LLP, our employment law attorneys have extensive experience assisting applicants with all aspects of the security clearance process. We represent federal employees seeking security clearances in all 50 states. For immediate assistance with your case, please do not hesitate to contact our team today.
Call 1-800-791-1007, schedule a call, or fill out this form and we will get back to you ASAP.