Employers concerned about protecting trade secrets or hiring an employee from a competitor may find this article informative. Employees also may find the information useful if they are weighing their options under a non-compete agreement or if they are considering jumping ship to a competitor. This “roundtable transcript” includes comments from six different employment attorneys on trade secret and noncompete agreements including:
- How to define a trade secret and why trade secrets can be valuable to a company.
- How a company can legally obtain information about its competitors.
- How a company should form and implement a trade secret protection policy, including protective measures such as the use of restrictive covenants for vendors and employees.
- What steps a company should take when hiring an employee from a competitor when trade secrets are involved.
- How a company can enforce its trade secret rights and ultimately recover damages.